Our next meeting is Thursday, August 15th at 7:00 pm.
Our program this month is an extended Member Share session. We all have experience to share about how we process/develop our images. This is your opportunity to share that experience!
We hope to see you there!
- 7:00 – 7:10
- Welcome and Introduction of New Members and Guests
- 7:10 – 7:25
- Member Share (if you have news to share and want to show an image with it, please submit by Tuesday before the meeting. Put SHARE in the subject heading, please.
- Calls for Entry
- Naturescapes Update
- 7:25 – 9:00
- Program – Before and After: How I created this image – Members
Before and After: How I Created This Image
We all have experience to share about how we process/develop our images. This is your opportunity to share that experience!
Information about all software processing software is welcome.
There are 3 ways to share:
- Send the “before” and “after” version of your image and explain specifically what you did to process it. What did you try? What didn’t work? What did work?
Send your 2 sets of files to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 13th, 6 pm, and put August Before and After in the Subject line.
To prepare your images, resize the long side to 2000 pixels, resolution of 72 ppi, and Rename them 1FirstName_LastName.jpg, 2FirstName_LastName.jpg. You are invited to ask for a critique on your images, or simple “Show and Tell.”
- Send a pdf or slideshow/powerpoint of screen shots showing us specifically what you did and how it did or didn’t work on up to 2 images. Bring the file on a memory stick or USB drive. Or send your pdf to email@example.com by Tuesday, August 13th, 6 pm, and put August Before and After in the Subject line.
Please let me know if you plan to bring files to share.
- Demo what your do on up to 2 images using your processing software. The demo should take no more than 5 minutes for each image. You will need to bring your own computer and software. Our display TV has HDMI inputs, so you will need to be able to connect using that.
Please let me know f you plan to bring your computer.
Dues for 2019 are $12.
New members joining after the first of the year will pay a prorated amount. You may pay by check at the next meeting or mail to our treasurer, Winifred Simon, at 600 Red Hawk Road, Wimberley, TX 78676, or pay using PayPal.
- If you have a Facebook account, you may join our club’s Closed Group page and keep up with current member news as well as postings of Calls for Entry that you may wish to enter, or share other important or interesting information with our group. Go to HCPC Members. You must be a paid member to post and use this account. It is the easiest and best way to keep current on photo opps and member news. Carolyn Whiteside is the administrator of this page – thank you Carolyn!
- You may also send a write-up of Accomplishments and Awards information that you would like to share on our website by submitting your information in a concise manner, and email to Art Arizpe at firstname.lastname@example.org.