Date posted: June 7, 2019
Holly Moore, PPSA, recently received an acceptance to the Texas Photographic Society’s 2019 Annual International Exhibition.
The Exhibition is a traveling exhibit beginning at the Art League of Baytown on July 3rd-August 31st. The photographs will then travel to the Center for Contemporary Art in Abilene for display from November 21st, 2019 – January 18th, 2020 and then to Odessa College from February 3rd – March 2020.
The Society collected 1,000 images from nearly 200 entrants. The Judge , Arthur Meyerson chose 50 works from 47 artists. Holly’s photograph is titled “Abandoned” and was taken at the Carrie Furnace Historical Landmark in Pennsylvania.
Date posted: May 4, 2019
Congratulations to Mike for winning the following:
- 2019 Galveston Featherfest Photo Contest Week Two, Honorable Mention – Lucky Heron, Unlucky Fish
- 2019 Texas Night Sky Festival Best of Show Award – Pedernales Barn Under the Full Moon
- 2019 Galveston Featherfest Photo Contest Week Four, First Place – Nighthawk in the Rain
- 2019 Migration Celebration Nature Photography Contest, Plant Life and Fungi of Texas, First Place – Claret Cup Cactus
- 2019 Migration Celebration Nature Photography Contest, Wildlife Vertebrates, First Place – Gray Fox Posing
- 2019 Migration Celebration Nature Photography Contest, Nature-Themed Photo/Digital Art – Super Blood Moon Eclipse
Great work, Mike!
Date posted: December 6, 2018
Wes Odell has just hung a one-person exhibit of twelve large photographs at the “Wesleyan on Scenic” Drive Assisted Living Center in Georgetown (across the road from St David’s Hospital.) It will remain up through December.
The Williamson County Art Guild has been the exhibitor of artwork for six years at the Wesleyan where the art hangs in a prominent location for all to enjoy. For more information on the Guild, see its website at www.WCArtGuild.org.
Date posted: September 16, 2018
These are the 60 photographs chosen by the 2018 Naturescapes Photography Contest Juror, Earl Nottingham.
Congratulations to all!