Please join us for our August meeting on Thursday, August 17th, at 7pm. It is all about YOU! In lieu of a guest speaker, this month we will share, share, share. Please come with great questions, or useful information to share with your fellow club members.
Things you may want to share:
- Your favorite book publishing company – since My Publisher has closed its operations, I am looking for a quality substitute for travel books. You may even want to bring a sample and tell us why you like it.
- What is your “go-to” photo editing software for laptops and desktops. Photoshop or Lightroom, On1, On1Raw, Topaz, MacPhun, etc.
- What is your favorite cell phone app or apps – what do you know that we don’t??
- Can you print your cell phone images? What about quality?
- If you have your work printed, who do you use?
- If you do your own printing, where do you get your paper, and why?
- Do you have a website that offers good tutorials on editing?
- How do you share your images? Do you have a website? Do you need a website?
- Do you have a project your are working on, and need backers to help fund your cause? Come and share your project with us!
Please come ready to share and ask questions. We have a wealth of informed photographers who are happy to share what they know, and eager to learn more from you!
7:00 – 7:20 Welcome, Introductions, and Member News
7:25 – 8:15 Program: Member Share
8:20 – 9:00 Critiques: Black & White – Before & After
Dues for 2017 are $12.
New members joining after the first of the year will pay a prorated amount. You may pay by check at the next meeting or mail to our treasurer, Winifred Simon, at 600 Red Hawk Road, Wimberley, TX 78676, or pay using PayPal.
Critiques: Black & White – Before & After
This month’s theme is Black and White. Since we have extra time for sharing our images, we will combine the theme with Before & Afters. If you prefer not to show your before, that is fine.
You may submit up to 2 pairs of images. Prepare your files as follows: Resize your image to 2,000 pixels on the long side, and a resolution of 72, and rename your files 1FirstName_LastName_Before, 1FirstName_LastName_Edit, 2FirstName_LastName_Before, etc.
Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 15th, so Jørgen will have time to prepare them for the meeting.
- If you have a Facebook account, you may join our club’s Closed Group page and keep up with current member news as well as postings of Calls for Entry that you may wish to enter, or share other important or interesting information with our group. Go to HCPC Members. You must be a paid member to post and use this account. It is the easiest and best way to keep current on photo opps and member news. Carolyn Whiteside is the administrator of this page – thank you Carolyn!
- You may also send a write-up of Accomplishments and Awards information that you would like to share on our website by submitting your information in a concise manner, and email to Art Arizpe at email@example.com.