Making the Most of Your Cell Phone Photos
Please join me for our next meeting on February 15th.
Our program will be aimed at helping you get the most out of your cell phone images, whether it’s fine art you are trying to accomplish, or simply make your cell phone photos much more interesting to save and share, in addition to amazing your friends at what you can do with one finger!
7:00 – 7:25 Welcome, Introductions, and Member News
7:30 – 8:15 Program: Making the Most of Your Cell Phone Photos with Carol Serur
8:20 – 9:00 Critiques: Humor
Program: Making the Most of Your Cell Phone Photos with Carol Serur
In order to get the most out of this month’s program, you will be working along with me as I go through some basic editing software, and then take it to the next level with textures, BIRDS, and other fun elements.
Here are some apps you should download to your phone before our meeting. You will need to have an iTunes account in order to make purchases on your iPhone, or to even download free apps. If you think you might want to download some during the meeting, be sure you know your password.
Here are the most important ones to have on your phone for this tutorial program: (If you have an Android phone, some may not be available. Snapseed and Repix are definitely available for you.)
NOTE: If you prefer to edit photos on your iPad rather than cell phone, be sure to download apps FOR iPad onto your iPad. You will not get the best results if you are using apps meant for cell phones.
- Snapseed (a Google app – free)
- DistressedFX – $0.99 (you may purchase more options later if you want)
Optional apps: I’ll touch on these briefly, as time allows
- Squaready – Great free app for Instagram posting which allows full landscape or panoramas fit into IG’s square format.
- Repix – Free with in-app purchases (bokeh, raindrops, smoke,
- Stackables – $2.99 (many textures and looks with blending mode options)
- VividHDR – optional – wonderful app for landscapes (I’m not sure about pricing on this)
- Krop Circle – Just like the name says – cropping an image with a circle
- PhotoFunia – like the app says, for FUN!
Also, please have a few of your photos that you would like to edit, easy to find on your phone, or iPad. Landscape images with a gray, uncluttered background make excellent choices for an edit using textures, birds, etc.
Please resize 2 images to 2,000 pixels on the long side and a resolution of 72. Rename them 1FirstName_LastName.jpg, 2FirstName_LastName.jpg.
Remember, when showing your images, you may ask for a critique or suggestions for improvement from members, or simply “show and tell” your image.
Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, February 13th, so Eric will have time to prepare them for the meeting.
Dues for 2018 are $12.
New members joining after the first of the year will pay a prorated amount. You may pay by check at the next meeting or mail to our treasurer, Winifred Simon, at 600 Red Hawk Road, Wimberley, TX 78676, or pay using PayPal.
- If you have a Facebook account, you may join our club’s Closed Group page and keep up with current member news as well as postings of Calls for Entry that you may wish to enter, or share other important or interesting information with our group. Go to HCPC Members. You must be a paid member to post and use this account. It is the easiest and best way to keep current on photo opps and member news. Carolyn Whiteside is the administrator of this page – thank you Carolyn!
- You may also send a write-up of Accomplishments and Awards information that you would like to share on our website by submitting your information in a concise manner, and email to Art Arizpe at email@example.com.