Our next meeting is Thursday, October 17th at 7:00 pm.
Our program this month is presented by our own Tom Hausler, “Traveling with Tom“. We hope to see you there!
- 7:00 – 7:10
- Welcome and Introduction of New Members and Guests
- 7:10 – 7:25
- Member Share (if you have news to share and want to show an image with it, please submit by Tuesday before the meeting. Put SHARE in the subject heading, please.
- Calls for Entry
- Naturescapes Recap
- 7:25 – 8:25
- Program – Traveling with Tom – Tom Hausler
- 8:25 – 9:00
- Critiques: Travel
Traveling with Tom
“My current life pursuit is nature, wildlife and bird photography. This ties in perfectly with my love of the outdoors. I grew up in the Texas Panhandle, mainly outdoors; my back yard was one square mile.
I started getting interested in photography around 2011, when I was in the Master Naturalists with Art Arizpe and bought a little Sony camera. In 2013 I got more serious and purchased a full-frame Canon.
Capturing wildlife in their own habitat is challenging but rewarding. When I am in the field it’s about the thrill of the chase and I can’t wait to capture the next image.
My travels have taken me to Ecuador, Argentina, Guatemala, Honduras, Canada, Iceland,Peru, New Zealand and Egypt. Some of my favorite areas to photograph are the Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado and Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.
I enjoy hiking, exploring, and taking photos in national and state parks, and local natural areas.”
To prepare your images, resize the long side to 2000 pixels, resolution of 72 ppi, color space sRGB, and name them 1FirstName_LastName.jpg, 2FirstName_LastName.jpg.
You may ask for a critique on your images or simply “Show and Tell.”
Please email them to email@example.com by Tuesday, October 15th. Please put “October Critiques” in the subject line.
Officer Elections and Committee Memberships
Our officer election will be in November. Please consider volunteering or nominating a fellow member for an officer position.
The club officers are:
- President: provides overall leadership to the club; presides at meetings; determines the meeting agenda in concert with other officers and coordinators.
- Vice-President: presides in the absence of the President; coordinates meeting programs.
- Secretary: records meeting attendance; maintains permanent records of meetings and club documents, keeps minutes of Executive Committee meetings.
- Treasurer: receives and disburses club funds; maintains itemized records of receipts and expenditures; provides annual financial report to Executive Committee.
- Membership: maintains accurate email distribution list of club membership; may send mailings on behalf of other officers and coordinators.
You will also have an opportunity to sign up for a committee. Please consider helping your coordinators in
- Field Trips
Annual membership dues are $12.00. Dues for new members are reduced to $6.00 after July 1 each year.
You may pay by check at the next meeting, pay with Paypal here, or mail to our treasurer, Winifred Simon, at 600 Red Hawk Road, Wimberley, TX 78676, or pay using PayPal.
Paid membership is required for participation in exhibitions, fieldtrips and most workshops, as well as listings in Member News and Member Links on hcphotoclub.org. If you are on our email list, you will continue to receive our emails and be welcome at meetings whether or not you have paid dues.
- If you have a Facebook account, you may join our club’s Closed Group page and keep up with current member news as well as postings of Calls for Entry that you may wish to enter, or share other important or interesting information with our group. Go to HCPC Members. You must be a paid member to post and use this account. It is the easiest and best way to keep current on photo opps and member news. Carolyn Whiteside is the administrator of this page – thank you Carolyn!
- You may also send a write-up of Accomplishments and Awards information that you would like to share on our website by submitting your information in a concise manner, and email to Art Arizpe at firstname.lastname@example.org.